The 2017 DefaultCubism Challenge
Two years ago I came up with an interesting little project: To make a piece of art with Blender using only the default cube that exists when you open up Blender. I did not change the shape of the cube in any way, using only other features such as modifiers and particles systems to create the scene.
Since then Blender has changed quite a bit. So let’s do this again!
For the next 30 days, I invite you to:
- Create as many pieces of stills or animations as you want.
- Share publicly on social media using #defaultCubism.
- Have fun!
- No modelling of the cube
- No more than 1 cube object
- No curves, Surfaces, Metaballs and Texts when used as on-screen geometry
- No addons or scripts that generates geometry
- No linking to another Blend file
- Ulimited number of Empties, Lattices, Lights, Groups, Modifiers, and Particles.
- Curves and Surfaces when they are not being used directly as visible geometry.
- Weight and vertex painting is the exception to the ‘No editing of base mesh’ rule and is allowed.
- Post-processing as long as the modifications do not introduce any significantly new visual element.